San Angelo Blues Society Scholarship Eligibility
• Must prove enrollment in an academic program – university / college (at least 9 semester credit hours)
• Must have a sponsor; and applicant must complete the Application.
• Must have a particular interest in blues music that has been previously demonstrated.
• Typical award is for no less than $250 per semester (defined as one half school year).
• Honorary Membership in the San Angelo Blues Society for one year.
The San Angelo Blues Society (SABS) is established for the sole purpose of promoting, educating, and preserving blues music. It is our mission to ensure the continuation of blues music by offering educational programs within our community, and by preserving locations and artifacts relevant to the history of blues music and its artists. We support blues venues and blues artists through our promotional efforts and participation in blues-related activities and events, and by encouraging our community to appreciate the historical value and the enjoyment of blues music. SABS hosts jam sessions, local and national groups in concert, and we participate in local community events throughout the year.
Previous Scholarship Recipients:
- 2015-16 : Nick Albert, Joseph firenza, Brandon Batten, Will De Forest, Adri Gomez, Adam Coffman, Mykel Martin
- 2014-15: Mykel Martin, Ethan Huffman, Adriana Gomez, Dylan Ortega, Adam Coffman, Brandon Batten, William DeForest
- 2013-14: Joe Segovia, Kyle Kelton, Dylan Ortega, Ethan Hufman, Brandon Batten, J. Anderson
- 2012-13: Dylan Ortega, Ethan Huffman
- 2011-12: Joe Segovia, Dylan Ortega, Anna-Lena Oldehus
- 2010-2011: David Engelmann, Brian Melton, Will Schroeder, Joe Segovia, Bob Simpson
- 2009-2010: Manny Campos
- 2008-2009: Manny Campos